10 Jul 2011

Grit city issue one Review


Grit city issue one by Ron Gavalik

What's it about?
Grit City is serialized short monthly installments about a dark and calamitous world, where the nefarious rule. Dillon Galway is an idealistic freelance journalist in his mid-twenties, who barely scrapes out a living reporting on corruption for the Grit City Times and his own blog.
Dillon remembers the city as an ideal place to live, before the murder of his Father and the rise of the Lebedev Syndicate. All meaningful power in business, politics and law enforcement are now funneled into the hands of this wealthy organization.
He works tirelessly to reestablish opportunity and peace, and relies on the sexy and sultry Alyssa Stephano (gun for hire) to help when situations require her nickel plated Colt .45 revolvers.
But in the shadows of the back alleys, whispers stir in the underground of an unnamed force. Something or someone that’s determined to upset the status quo. When Dillon is tipped about horrifying activities he’s propelled into a perilous investigation that may lead to dire consequences.
As the series progresses Dillon will face unfathomed challenges, but also gain abilities most consider impossible.
My review:
5/5
When I heard there was a new way of reading I knew right away I had to check it out and I'm glad I did. Emotobooks is a wonderful idea, it's a book with visual representations of how the charactrer is feeling at that point. The images are really beautiful and I felt also left a lot of room for reader interpretation, giving the reader a stronger connection to the book and the characters, meaning you can become more involved in the story. The graphics came out great on my Kindle to but they are coulourful so I did use the Kindle app on my iPad to study them more.
And of course not forgetting the story! It's dark and gritty and very well written. I really liked Dillon, who's willing to do what he needs to to get by and am intrigued by dangerous Alyssa.
Issue one is explosive and excting which ending all to soon, I can't wait to get my hands on issue two August 1st!
                                      


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...