28 Mar 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (17)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!
If you'd like to join in then make your own post and link it in the linky :)

UK                          vs.                      Spain

Slide book one.
(Called 'Sylvia' in Spain.)

Mist: Hmm I like both covers, the UK cover is totally creepy and suits a fun murder mystery but I love the shock of oink on the Spanish cover. I love them both but I think i'm gonna vote UK because it's cool and I love the hands in the eye.

Ninfa: Oooh, I think I have to declare the Spanish cover the winner! I love the black/purple contrast of the colours and the stylized eyelash is great, the tag line is pretty cool too (translated it reads: "Sometimes you just wish you could stop seeing").
The UK cover is not bad but it reminds me of those cheap 70s style B-Movie posters in a way. I also don't like the tagline, is not as good as the Spanish version. Yep, Spain is the winner this time!

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...