11 Apr 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (19)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                        vs.                  Germany
('Stadt der Feen' translates to 'City of the fairies.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: These are both such pretty covers! I really like the gate and the skyline of the German cover and the heart on the pavement in the UK cover and the way the girl is spotlighted, I think I'd choose the German cover though, I love the colours and the huge moon, the UK cover is really nice and interesting to and the tagline is intriguing but I find the German cover slightly more eye catching.

Ninfa: Really, really love the German cover, the gates and the big moon and the city view, it all looks so pretty and magical. The UK cover isn't bad, but it looks sad and it's not as eye catching for me.
German win :)

UK                         vs.                        France
Unwind by Neal Shusterman Unwind book one.
('Les Fragmentés' translates to 'The Fragmented.' - According to Google translate.)
Mist: Eh, I do not like that French cover at all, it's badly put together and the colour is foul. The UK cover, however is awesome, the body parts on the plastic are really interesting and instantly make me want to know what it's about, I really like the colour to, an easy UK win!

Ninfa: The UK cover is different, with the "make your own" models of the characters. I just wish the colours weren't so muted.The French cover is kinda cool though and I like the contrast with the colours. French win this time

Which do you prefer?

3 comments:

  1. Oh fab picks this week. I think the German cover for heaven. Both are very nice but the German was is more eye catching. And the UK one for Unwind. Its different and interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. german for the heaven book, that cover is just stunning, and neither for the unwind book, they are both plain ugly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all lol :) But I think the German cover for Heaven & the UK one for Unwind. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...