3 Oct 2014

Black ice - Review


Available October 7th 2014
kids.simonandschuster.co.uk 

What's it about?

Britt Pfeiffer has never been that adventurous, but that's about to change. Wanting to impress her ex-boyfriend, Britt convinces best friend, Korbie, to take a trekking trip with her. But when a freak storm leaves the girls stranded they seek shelter in a cabin, where they find two knights in shining armour. Or so they think.
Britt quickly realises that the girls need to get off the mountain, fast. In exchange for her life, she is forced to guide the boys down, and as they set out on a harrowing journey through the cold and snow, Britt realises the only way to escape with her life is to pretend she is on their side. But is gorgeous, sexy Mason an enemy or an ally? Tension mounts, and it's only a matter of time before things turn deadly . . .
My review
I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about reading Black ice, the little I'd heard about it was particularly positive and while I have read Becca's Hush, hush series, its not one of my favourites. That being said, I am SO glad I picked up Black ice because I absolutely loved it! I was hooked pretty early on, even though Korbie got on my nerves pretty badly I was still intrigued and when she was gone I couldn't stop reading, I had to know how it ended.
It's one of those books where you can't guess the end but once you get there, you realise just how many little clues were laid out for you along the way making it a very clever book.
Black ice is filled with twists and turns that will surprise you and keep you guessing and flying through the pages until you find out exactly what the hell is going on.
I found the story to be believable, including the ending and even the romance was done well. Going into the book all I could think was how can anyone fall for their captor? No matter the circumstances, how can you see someone who has kidnapped you, for what ever reason in a romantic way? But it was all handled really well and at a good pace so we weren't rushed into an unbelievable insta-love which would have ruined it completely.
I'm not usually one for thrillers but Black ice is definitely an exception for me, one that I will be recommending to others looking for a thriller within the YA genre and I hope Becca writes more more books like it as I will be first in the queue for my copy when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of, um, sworn off any Becca Fitzpatrick books after Hush, Hush so I'm not sure how I'm dealing with her next book! Many have promised that it's much better than hush hush... so... might just give this thriller a go :)

    Alicia @ Noverly Things

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...