18 Sept 2012

Diary of a one-night stand - Review


What's it about? 
Resilient and practical, Kara Barton has continually strived to live a respectable life. She went to college, embarked on a promising career as an attorney, married a great guy, and always appeared to be the perfect wife and mother. But all is not what it seems, and the troubling past Kara has been running from her entire life is about to catch up with her. Urged on by her insecurities about growing older, and desperately wanting to feel one more night of passion, Kara agrees to share a tryst in a hotel room with a sexy business associate, Scott Ellsworth. But Scott wants more than one night together, and Kara quickly discovers it is impossible to resist him. Soon Kara finds herself transformed into the kind of woman she vowed never to become, and the secure world she has struggled all her life to build begins to fall apart. Kara Barton is about to find out how a one-night stand can change everything.
My review
Whilst I wouldn't say I loved Diary of one-night stand I did find it to be an enjoyable quick read and I really liked the message it ended with. This is an adult read so there are some steamy scenes throughout the book, there's nothing 'hardcore' though so I think anyone that likes a little bit extra to their novels will enjoy it.
I found it easy to get through and enjoyed the story, Kara was an interesting character but there were so many times I wished she'd stand up for herself more, never the less, her journey was an interesting one and I enjoyed taking it with her and wondering how things would end up for her.
I thought it ended perfectly, I wasn't sure if it would go that way or a completely different direction but I'm glad for the way it turned out.
I would definitely be interested to see more work by this author in the future and would recommend Diary of a one-night stand to anyone looking for an easy read.

My thoughts on the cover
I do like what's been done with this cover, its a nice clean image that's attractive but it looks too computerized, I think an actual image of this scene would look amazing!

Favourite quotes
'"Yes, you can. Life has no rules, Kara. We're all just makin' it up as we go along, so grab whatever you have with that man who has put a twinkle back in your eye. You've got the rest of your life to think about your mistakes. So you'd better try and make some while you're still young enough to enjoy them."'

'He ran his fingers through her silky hair. "Because what would be the fun in that? Takes all of the mystery out of it. Life has got to have mystery, otherwise it gets boring."'

Find the author

1 comment:

  1. Great review hun. I'm surprised you picked this one up but I'm glad you enjoyed it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...