'Nail your books is a feature started by Cristina at The princess of storyland, where we share our book inspired manicures.
This weeks nail your books is inspired by current read Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie Perkins.
Here's the cover
And here's my nails
(click on the picture to see a bigger version.)
- Sally Hansen miracle cure strengthener
- Barry M nail paint Peach melba
- Barry M nail paint Berry ice cream
- Misguided nail splash Missmatch
- Makeup academy Nail constellation Scorpio
- Barry M nail paint Limited editon 244
- Models own nail art pen Gold
- Models own nail art pen Pink
- Rimmel metal rush Purple rain
- Rimmel 60 seconds Rapid ruby
- Save the nail Wet look top coat
- Sally Hansen Inst-dri
-First off, of course I started with a couple of coats of base coat.
-Next I used three different colours to paint my nails, Peach melba, Berry ice cream and Missmatch (Orange).
-After that, I did two nails with Makeup academies Nail constellation, they're little coloured balls that stick to wet polish which you tip onto the nail and gently push down to secure.
-Then I painted two more nails with a glitter polish.
-And lastly I used nail pens and brushes and a nail dotter, to decorate my remaining nails with different patterns.
-And after all that I added a top coat and used Insta-Dri to dry them quicker.