10 Apr 2013

UK vs THE WORLD (64)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                       vs                    Turkey
The Madman's daughter book one.
('Kaçığın Kızı' translates to 'Freak girl.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: I like both of these covers, but I don't love either of them. For the Turkish cover I like the crazy eye thing it's got going on, it matches the fact that the story is about the daughter of a crazy man but I don't like the colours. And for the UK cover, I like the background and the tagline but I don't really like the heart. If choosing which to put on my shelf I would likely go for the UK cover so I'd say that's my winner this week.

Ninfa: I really, really like the UK cover. It has a classic feeling, and at first sight it looks lovely, but once you make out the heart picture in the oval it gets a whole creepy addition that really makes this cover. I like the tag line too
The Turkish cover is a little messy for me. I really dislike the yellow tinges around the edges and on top, and the expression of the part of the face we can see is more surprised than mad. Not really sure what they were doing with this one, but it's not for me.
UK wins, all the way.

Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm totally loving the Turkish cover, it's super different, creepy & I really like it! Have you seen the US cover? I really like it too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...