9 Apr 2013

With all my soul - Quickie review


Soul screamers book seven
Available now
www.miraink.co.uk 

What's it about?

After spending the last year undead, Kaylee Cavanaugh has had enough of the paranormal creatures who have plagued her ever since she came into her banshee powers. Now she's ready to take her school back from the evil hellions, once and forever.
To protect her friends, Kaylee will need to find a way to turn the living incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another.
Yet when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realises she can't save everyone she loves without making some powerful sacrifices...
Previous titles in the series
My soul to lose - Book 0.5
My soul to take - Book one
My soul to save - Book two
My soul to keep - book three
Reaper - Book 3.5
My soul to steal - Book four
If I die - Book five
Never to sleep - Book 5.5
Before I wake - Book six
My review
With this being the seventh and final book in a series, as you can imagine I was anxious to get to it and actually started the book within seconds of it being in my hands!
I enjoyed it a lot and think Rachel Vincent came up with a great ending to her series, everything was wrapped up nicely by the end and all my questions answered.
I liked the outcomes for each character and thought they were well fitted. Kaylee has always been admirable character, always willing to give everything she has and she's no different in this one and Tod is as swoon worthy as always. It was also good to see Nash dealing with his demons and making slow steps to move on with his life and I felt so bad for Em and the struggles she has to face after the events at the end of Before I wake.
I'd rather not say too much as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I can confidently say that if you enjoyed the previous books, then you'll like this one too. I think If I die is still my favourite of them all but the whole series is brilliant and I loved each and every instalment, I'm actually a little sad to see the series end but I always enjoy all of Vincent's books, so I'm looking forward to whatever she writes next and jumping into the new world she'll create because they're always brilliant.

My thoughts on the cover
Possibly my favourite one of the lot! I love the smudged mascara that gives her a dishevelled appearance and that Tod is on the cover! Even though his  hair is the wrong colour lol unless its supposed to be someone else. And I love the bright pink lipstick she's rocking.

Favourite quotes
'"Okay, I always try to be careful." But the truth was that "careful" doesn't always get the job done. If you're not willing to risk everything you have and everything you are for those you love, what's the point in living?'

'"With everything I have and everything I am. With all my soul."
I lost control of a sob. Just one, and Tod kissed the tears from my cheeks.'

Find the author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...