4 Aug 2011

What I'm reading?

Forgive my fins and then Fins are forever by Tera Lynn Childs

Blurb:
Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush.

Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life.

When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.
:


My thoughts:
When I requested the second book for review from the UK publisher I actually meant to ask for the first one but for some reason I always mix up these titles and asked for the second one by accident lol So when it arrived and I realized my mistake I went and ordered the first from Amazon right away and decided to do a double review. I've actually want to read fins for a long time but never got around to buying myself the US edition when it was out, then when I heard it was coming out over here I decided to wait, so it's been a long wait and I'm excited to be able to read them together :)
As for the cover, I love our version so much, it's cool and breezy and the real life cover is also all shiny with an aqua tone, it's so pretty I wanna marry it lol

7 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous cover! Check out my latest blog post. I hope you like it! :)

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/08/blog-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Fins are Forever, I loved Forgive my Fins! Who is the UK publisher, I thought Fins are Forever didn't come out until next march here? :)

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I think it comes out in April lol Templar are the uk publisher :)

    I'm halfway through forgive my fins already and really enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you got an advance copy? :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. I emailed requesting a review copy and they sent me one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Guess what I'm doing now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I've no idea haha they're pretty good there, the lady I speak to is Jayne roscoe :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...