25 Oct 2011

Top ten Tuesday #20

Top ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The broke and the bookish
This week it's:

Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween

1. It by Stephen King - Seriously this one scared the pants off me! It's a brilliant book and I'm glad I read it but I'm not sure I'm brave enough for a second turn.

2. Outpost by Adam Baker (Review) - Another one that sent a chill down my spine and had me afraid to turn off the light at bedtime lest the zombies get me!

3. Dark inside by Jeyn Roberts (Review) - Another zombie book but it's YA so less gore for people with weaker stomachs.

4. The next thing I knew by John Corwin (Review) - If you prefer your horror funny then try this one instead, it's hilarious.

5. Undead and unwed by Maryjanice Davidson - This series is good if your not a horror fan at all but want to get into the spirit of things, it's a really funny Vampire series.
6. Wicked: Witch by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie - These days you'l find this book as a bind-up with the second book 'Curse' but I thought I'd just suggest the first one. It's a YA series about witches, can't get more halloween than witches.

7. Mister Creecher by Chris Priestly (Review) - This is a fabulous twist on what happened to Frankensteins monster.
Unfortunately I can't think of any more, I haven't read many horror books and I didn't want to just make a list of Vampire books (not that I couldn't lol)
I'm sure lots of lists will have Dracula and Interview with the Vampire but I haven't read them - yes I know, shame on me!

Which books would you suggest for Halloween reading?


3 comments:

  1. Ha! It was my second guess of books by Stephen King you might read. That is such a great book. But I only read it the once. It's creepy with that clown *shudders* but I also found it so very sad. And I said I'd never read it again in case my viewpoint changed.

    But it is totally creepy.Outpost looks so good, too! I haven't read many zombie books, but this one from the cover sounds terrifying!

    I haven't read this Nancy Holder Debbie Viguie book, but I know they have a book coming out next month, Unleashed, I think? I can't wait to read something by the two of them.

    But I still say vampires are much more Halloween-y than witches ;)

    Great list, even without 10 picks. And no, I didn't even pick Dracula for mine, with the whole vampire <3, but you should read the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles, at least Interview and Lestat.

    Thanks for stopping by. Happy Halloween reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great books there. I like the cover of The Next Thing I Knew, looks really creepy. I haven't read a lot of these books but I will be checking them out on goodreads. Thanks for posting =).

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    My List: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday.html

    P.S New Follower here. I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he! Dracula did make my list although I haven't read it yet either. It is one book I'll never read - I'm terrified of clowns to start with so I probably wouldn't make it past the first page!

    My top ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...