21 Jan 2012

Blue sky days - Vlog review

Available now.
What's it about?
A year after graduating from high school, nineteen-year-old Emma Ward feels lost. She has spent most of her life trying to please her frigid, miserable mother - studying hard, getting good grades, avoiding the whole teenage rebellion thing - and now she feels she has no identity beyond that. Because she spent so many years working hard and planning every moment of her life, she doesn't have any friends, has never had a boyfriend, and basically doesn't know who she is or what she really wants from life. Working two part-time jobs to save money for college hasn't helped her make decisions about her future, so she decides it's time for a change. She leaves home to live with her free-spirited, slightly eccentric Aunt Daisy in a small town that makes Emma feel like she's stepped back in time.
When Emma meets Nicholas Shaw, everything changes - he's unlike anyone she's ever met before, the kind of man she didn't even know existed in the 21st century. Carefree and spirited like Daisy, Nicholas teaches Emma to appreciate life, the beauty around her, and to just let go and live. Between Daisy and Nicholas, Emma feels like she belongs somewhere for the first time in her life, and realizes that you don't always need a plan - sometimes life steers you where you're meant to be.
Life is wonderful, an endless string of blue sky days, until Nicholas is diagnosed with cancer, and life changes once again for Emma in ways she never thought possible. Now it's time for her to help Nicholas the way he's helped her. Emma will have to use her new-found strength, and discover along the way if love really is enough to get you through.

My review:



Blue sky days is a wonderfully written, deeply emotional journey. I loved all the characters and felt very close to them as I got to know them, so much so I could feel their emotions, I felt Emmas despair, at her mother and later at Nicholas' illness, obviously I was praying for a happy ending and I was biting my lip, on the brim of tears, waiting to find out if there was one. It's definitely one I'd recommend and I cannot wait to see what else Marie comes up with in the future.

My thoughts on the cover
This is a lovely, simplistic cover. The holding hands lets you know this is a love story and I love the sun, which of course fits in witht the title, and the beach. It makes me think of summer.

Favourite quotes
'All these thoughts and more ran through my head as he made his way up the hill. I couldn't really believe that he was coming to talk to me, and in the minute it took him to reach me. I had created a million different reasons why he could be climbing this hill. As he got closer and I got a good look at those beautiful blue eyes, I forgot all the reasons I had created and hoped he was coming to talk to me'

'His smile was so beautiful, transforming his already handsome face with that flash of dimples, and the way his eyes crinkled in the corners. But when he smiled at me, it took my breath away. Everything else faded away for a few seconds.'

Find the author
Author blog
Buy

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love you so much lol. You know how much I love your pretty face, so I feel extra special that I got a vlog review! And extra extra special that I'm on the Team Awesome shelf! And the U2! I started to laugh and cry at the same time. You thought of everything lol. I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed the book...I have to admit, you're one of the ones I was most nervous about because I know it's not your typical genre, so it means so much that you enjoyed it and that you connected with the characters. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing it, and for being part of the tour later on! <3

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...