25 Jan 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (9)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!


UK                          vs.                  Indonesia
Dream catcher book one ('Terjaga' translates to 'Awake' - According to Google translate)
Mist: I definitely vote for the Indonesian cover here! It has a really dark feel to it, the UK cover is nice but it just has to much going on.

Ninfa: I'm not keen on the UK version although I love the tagline. it's just a little messy for my taste. The Indonesian cover is quite pretty, sort of reminds me of the Twilight Graphic novel cover. I don't love either of them I have to admit, but my choice would be the Indonesian cover this time.

UK                         vs.                     Spain
Tigers curse by Coleen Hauck
The tiger saga book one ('La maldiciĆ³n del Tigre' translates to 'Heart of the tiger' - According to Google translate)
Mist: Oh this is hard, they so simlair and have that gorgeous tiger on but I think I like the UK cover a little bit more, I prefer the lighter colour and all the patterns at the top and the ones that are more faded, the Spanish cover is lovely to though.

Ninfa: Wow, these are both lovely covers and so similar. I love the tiger in the UK cover, it's really striking and something about the eyes draws me in. But the Spanish cover with the model is my favourite, something about the model's expression is so endearing.
Spanish win this time.

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. Oof the Wake covers are freaky. I hated that book! haha

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first set...I appreciate the UK cover but like the Indonesian cover best.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...