4 Jan 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (6)

UK vs. THE WORLD is a weekly feature that I've recently started.
Each week two UK book covers will battle it out against their foreign counterpart as we judge them and decide which we like better because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                             vs.                         France
Book one in The dark elite. (Magie de feu translates to Fire magic - according to Google translate)

Mist: Although these covers are simlair, the French cover is just so much cooler! lol It's edgier and darker and the fire is a lot more interesting than the candle, I do like the UK cover, the font is really cool but next to the other cover it looks kind of plain.

Ninfa: They're so very similar in colours and image,and they look very classy with the crisp contrast of colour over the black background...however, by a very small margin, I think I prefer the UK cover. I like the model better. However the fire effect on the French cover is very cool...if I could have the UK model and the French fire effect it would be perfect,lol. So, by a small fraction it's a UK win!


UK                               vs.                    Germany
(Steinerne Wächter translates to Stone guardian - according to Google translate)
Mist: These are both fantastic, interesting covers, I really like in the UK she's walking into a statue and the colours on the German cover are lovely, it really is tough to decide which I like best because they're so different but I think I'm gonna go with the German one.

Ninfa: I love ther German cover, it's so Fairy Tale chic! Love the feel of it, a little dark and haunting. It reminds me of the "Pan's labyrinth" the movie and the Tim Burton "Alice in Wonderland" movie. Very nice.
The UK version looks like a bad photoshop job to me I'm afraid...so it's a German win.

Which do you prefer?

3 comments:

  1. I like the French cover for Firespell better, not even a contest! As for Enchanted Ivy I'm like them both but the UK seems like it specificly goes to the book the German one could be used on another book so I pick UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the French cover for Firespell better, not even a contest! As for Enchanted Ivy I'm like them both but the UK seems like it specificly goes to the book the German one could be used on another book so I pick UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the UK cover of the first. I like the simplicity of it and prefer the model. I prefer the German cover on the second. It just looks cool.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...