21 Jun 2012

Dreams - Review


The Sarah Midnight trilogy book one.
www.blackandwhitepublishing.com

What's it about?

Ever since her thirteenth birthday, seventeen-year-old Sarah Midnight’s dreams have been plagued by demons—but unlike most people’s nightmares, Sarah’s come true. Her dreams guide her parents’ hunt as Sarah remains in bed, terrified but safe, sheltered from the true horrors of the Midnight legacy. But all this is about to change. After the murder of her parents, she is cruelly thrust into a secret world of unimaginable danger as she is forced to take up their mission. Alone and unprepared for the fight that lies before her, Sarah must learn how to use the powers she’s inherited and decide whom to trust before it’s too late...

My review
It did take me a while to get into this book, something about the way it's written to work well for me, parts of it felt a little over dramatic making it feel cheesy, but I kept going because I enjoyed the story, which was really new and different and I loved the the forbidden love story between Sarah and Harry.
Harry was a great character, so strong and protective and kind of tortured, Sarah was a nice character too, I certainly felt sorry for her with all she's had to go through and what she has to come, but it was all about Harry for me lol.
The story kind of reminded me of the TV show Supernatural to start but it has it's own unique twist to make the genre it's own and kept me interested in what was happening and what was going to happen, and with the way everything came together at the end I'm looking forward to the next book in the trilogy.
We do meet a lot of characters in this book and find out a lot of back story for each, so there's lots to learn, it didn't get confusing but I did have to make sure I was paying attention to not forget anything but all in all I did enjoy the book and am really intrigued to see what happens next, particularly for Sarah and Harry.

My thoughts on the cover
This is a really nice cover, I love the moon and the raven at the bottom and the girls far off look, I also like the colour tones, how it feels like night time as the book is centred on dreams, which we have at night and of course, Sarah's surname is Midnight.


Favourite quotes
'I can never give up the fight. this fight that has been handed down to me, thrust upon my unwilling shoulders. I'd rather be buried with my parents, my brave mother and father, who lived and died my the Midnight motto: Don't let them roam.'

'He wanted to be the one who put his lips on her lips, who broke the spell and woke her up. He wanted to be the one who made sure nobody would ever frighten her again, that she'd never be left alone again. the one who made sure no evil spell would ever be cast on her, that she would not prick her finger on some deadly spinning wheel.'

Find the author
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for doing the buddy read with me. My review will be up tomorrow. TEAM HARRY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab review. Need to start it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try and pick this one up from the library if they get it...

    I know you watch Fringe, nobody else I know watches it, but I'm on series 2... aww don't you just love Walter?!.. He's such a love,bless him... I feel so sorry for him at times, especially when he was taken, but he was just given the white tulip and I almost cried :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I have been seeing this one around everywhere lately! It really does sound interesting & I think I will give it a go in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...