'Nail your books is a feature started by Cristina at The princess of storyland, where we share our book inspired manicures.
My latest manicure is inspired by The Across the universe trilogy by Beth Revis, I know there are a lot of covers for these books, but I love the ones that I have, which are pictured below, and while reading the books this week, I knew I wanted to emulate them on my nails. It was difficult to photograph the colours so I've posted lots of pictures for you guys this week.
Here's the covers
(Click on any of the images in this post to see them full sized)
And here's my nails
Yup, the look took all of these colours!
- Sally Hansen miracle cure base coat
- Rimmel lycra pro Black pearl
- Barry M Silvery lilac
- Beauty UK Posh polish Intergalactic
- Rimmel I love lasting finish Pop your pink
- Barry M Gelly hi-shine Blackberry
- Accessorize 3D glitter polish Magic
- Rimmel I love lasting finish Disco ball
- Barry M Matte white
- Rimmel I love lasting finish Azure
- Barry M Gelly hi-shine Dragon fruit
- Accessorize 3D glitter polish Dream
- Barry M Emerald green
- Nail polish by HandM Lady luck
- Models own gold nail art pen
- Beauty UK green
- Save the nail wet look top coat
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
- Nail dotter
- Make-up sponge
- So, after first applying a base coat I painted my fingernails with the black pearl colour and my thumb nail with silvery lilac. Then I painted over the black with the Intergalactic glitter polish.
-Once that had completely dried, I used the make-up sponge to dab different colours onto my fingernails, to blend the colours together, check out this video tutorial for better instructions.
-After I had dabbed on the colours onto my nails in a way the I liked I put on a thin layer of Rimmel disco ball glitter polish.
-Then for my thumbs, I used the same method to dab Emerald all around my nail so there was just silver in the middle, then I dabbed the darker green around the edges of that for a gradient effect.
-For the next step I used the gold striper/art pen to paint some lines that would form the branches for the plants, I used the nail dotter and yet another green to make leaves, dotting all around the 'branches.'
-Lastly I topped everything off with a wet look top coat for a super shiny effect and used Inst-dri to dry it quicker because I'm too impatient to stay still and wait for it to dry!