9 May 2014

Savage drift - Review


Monument 14 book three.
Available now.
www.bookswithbite.co.uk 

What's it about?

The stunningly fierce conclusion to Emmy Laybourne's Monument 14 trilogy.
The survivors of the Monument 14 have finally made it to the safety of a Canadian refugee camp. Dean and Alex are cautiously starting to hope that a happy ending might be possible.
But for Josie, separated from the group and trapped in a brutal prison camp for exposed Type Os, things have gone from bad to worse. Traumatized by her experiences, she has given up all hope of rescue or safety.
Meanwhile, scared by the government's unusual interest in her pregnancy, Astrid (with her two protectors, Dean and Jake in tow) joins Niko on his desperate quest to be reunited with his lost love Josie.
Author Emmy Laybourne reaches new heights of tension and romance in this action-packed conclusion to the Monument 14 trilogy.

My review
(Warning: Spoilers from the previous two books.)
Savage drift is the gripping conclusion to a brilliant trilogy from author Emmy Laybourne. I've really enjoyed this series and loved the slightly darker tone of the last book. Our characters might have made it out of the Greenway and into a rebuilding civilisation but their troubles haven't ended yet, they still have lots of challenges to face to try to get reunited and have a happy ending. All the way through I really didn't know if that would happen for them but I certainly had my fingers and toes crossed that they would. I also felt so bad for Astrid being pregnant in a chaotic world, the help of doctors and hospitals isn't as readily available to her as it would normally be which made it difficult for her and Dean and Jake's constant bickering didn't help either. I felt she grew a lot as a character though, as it starts to sink in that she's going to be a mother and responsible for someone else she starts to grow up but she hasn't lost any of her sass either. I love the way she puts Dean in his place when he's being particularly immature. Astrid and Dean are an unlikely couple but they really work well together by the end and I'm glad they got together.
I don't want to give too much of the story away but rest assured that this is another thrilling, well paced book and you won't get any less than you did in the previous two. I was happy with the conclusion and that last scene almost had me in tears!

Find the author
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...