23 Jan 2011

Bloody valentine review

Bloody valentine by Melissa De La Cruz
What's it about?
They're Young, Fabulous and Fanged...Vampires have powers beyond human comprehension: strength that defies logic, speed that cannot be captured on film, the ability to shapeshift and more. But all too often the only thing that eludes their grasp is love. So when two young lovers are kept a part by a centuries old decree, they'll be forced to learn that, in matters of the heart, not even immortals have total control...or do they?


My review.
3/5
With a title like Bloody valentine I was expecting something more... well bloody, but then I was also expecting one story and not three when I started the book.
The first 'Just another night in suck city' is the shortest and is about Oliver getting over Schuyler after she leaves with Jack at the end of The Van Alen legacy. It's short and sweet and was nice to read but I think it was more just an introduction to Melissa's upcoming series Witches of east end due out in Summer.
The second story 'Always something there to remind me' is about a young Allegra Van alen (Schuylers Mom) and how she came to meet the red blood who would be Schuylers Father, this story was my least favourite, probably because how they met has never been a burning question for me, I've always felt the books are more about Schuyler and her friends, it was however written well enough, the romance was sweet and being set in the 80s left lots of room for fun pop culture references (there are a lot)
And lastly the third story 'Ring of fire' was my favourite and what made the book worth buying, it features Schuyler and Jack right after Misguided angel (And I assume before Lost in time) getting bonded before heading in their seperate directions.
It's the only story of the three that sees some action mixed in with the romance and it was also the only story that had me not wanting to put the book down.
The rest of the book is a sizable chunk of Misguided Angel.
All in all I enjoyed the book and it would be good for a quick read but I don't think I'll read it again.


For more on Melissa De La Cruz visit her website: http://www.melissa-delacruz.com/
Buy the book here (UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...