16 Apr 2011

City of fallen Angels review

City of fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.
What's it about?
Simon Lewis is having some trouble adjusting to his new life as a vampire, especially now that he hardly sees his best friend Clary, who is caught up in training to be a Shadowhunter - and spending time with her new boyfriend, Jace. Simon decides he needs a break and heads out of the city - only to discover that sinister events are following him. Realizing that the war they thought they'd won might not yet be over, Simon has to call on his Shadowhunter friends to save the day - if they can put their own splintering relationships on hold long enough to rise to the challenge.


My review:
3/5
I gave this book 3 in the end but was very close to giving it 2/5! I, unfortunately, didn’t enjoy it at all. I really liked the first three books in the series, so of course had the same expectations for this addition to the series. But I found it extremely slow going and was pretty bored right through the first 300 pages. Never one to give up easily I kept going right up to the last page. Although there are lots of funny one liners, mostly from Simon and Jace, and there is some action in the end it wasn’t enough to make up for the rest of the book.
You can check out Cassandra Clares website here.
Photobucket
Even the ending felt completely dragged out and I still felt myself struggling to read on, the twists however were interesting and I didn’t guess them all, including who the ‘big bad’ was behind it all.

1 comment:

  1. can i be honest the book felt like a rerun of things that had already happened. the story might have been a little different but it ended just the way i thought it would. i had hope the book would go for a completely different story line so it would be fresh but still had the same people in it. this is just what i think -annmarie

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...