19 Aug 2013

Tiger lily - Review


Available 3rd October 2013
www.hachette.co.uk 

What's it about?

Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .
Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.
My review
From the first time I heard about Tiger lily I knew I had to get my hands on it, it just sounded like such a new perspective on Peter Pan, especially since its not even really about Peter Pan, its about Tiger Lily and its more of a prequel to the much loved and very often recreated original tale, did I also mention its told from the view of Tinkerbell?
The book was every bit as magical and heart breaking as I was expecting, its a wonderful coming of age love story. I loved how the author took the character of Tiger Lily and made her her own, Tiger Lily is such a strong and wild girl, only a few people really know how to handle her or understand her, something that both endeared her to me and made me feel sad for her.
Her love story with Peter wasn't a simple one, just like she isn't a simple girl, she wanted to be strong and do everything the boys did, but Peter wanted a girl to look after and liked being needed, so sometimes their relationship worked and sometimes it didn't because they just clashed too much, it was really interesting to read.
Another thing I really liked about the book was how the author incorporated things from the story of Peter Pan as well and I could easily envision the scenery from the great writing.
In all, Tiger Lily was a lovely book and I'm looking forward to discovering more from this author.

Find the author
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...