16 Aug 2013

You don't know me - Review


Available now
www.doublecluck.co.uk 

What's it about?

Sasha, Jodie, Nell and Rose never expected to be famous. They didn’t want to be. In fact, they wanted to keep their band a secret because it’s what they do when they’re being stupid together – dressing up and singing cheesy songs.
But someone has stolen a video they made. It’s online, and it’s been entered into a talent competition. And what’s more … it’s got 24 votes. In only a few hours it’s got 24 votes.
The girls are about to be faced with a big decision that could make them seriously famous.
Just not necessarily the way they hoped …
My review
After reading, and really enjoying, Sophia Bennett's debut novel, The look, last year, I've been looking forward to picking something else up by her so I was super happy when I received a copy of her latest book, You don't know me. It's another great novel that I enjoyed a lot.
I really liked the whole basis of the story and the author did a great job of getting peoples emotions across, I connected well with Sasha and thought she was a lovely girl.
There's a great feeling of friendship throughout the book, even when the girls fall out, you can feel the bond and I think its a great message to young girls who might pick up the book, whether its intentional or not.
It did have its funny moments too, times that made me laugh or smile. And then there were other moments that really had me feeling for the girls, the hard time Sasha had to go through really made me feel for her and I was on her side throughout.
You don't know me was a wonderful book, it touches the surface of issues with the media and how it can manipulate how the public perceive a person, uses great characters, represents friendship and is beautifully written.

Find the author
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...