29 Jan 2014

Flame - Review


Flame by Amy Kathleen RyanThe sky chasers books three
Available now
www.panmacmillan.com 
What's it about?Waverly and the other members of the Empyrean have been scattered, and their home ship destroyed. The mission to rescue their parents didn't go quite as planned, and now they're at an even greater disadvantage: trapped with their enemies on the New Horizon, trying to find a way to survive. Will Seth's health hold out long enough to help Waverly topple their enemy? And will Waverly find a way to unite her friends before the final battle? Nothing is certain and every second is a risk in this explosive finale.
My review
Flame was a brilliant ending to a fantastic series. I have been hooked to this trilogy all the way through and the final instalment was no exception. Flame kept me on the edge of my seat throughout and kept the same pace as its predecessors, with the story constantly evolving to a great ending. And talking about the ending, right the way through the books I've wondered how the author might choose to end the series, and even how it could end. But she managed to surprise me with an ending I wasn't expecting that was also plausible and probably the best way it could've gone. So I turned the last page with a smile on my face, but also with that same little sadness at finishing a series when I've become so attached to the setting and the characters and everything they've been through. I am excited to see what the author comes up with next though!
I really have no complaints about Flame, or the whole trilogy for that matter. It took me on a rollercoaster of emotions, had my heart racing at the drama and I'll miss Waverley, Seth and even Kieran, who've I've always gone back and forth with, there were times I didn't like him but I cared about him to.
So if you've read the first two books and are wondering if the final one is worth a read, wonder no more and read it now! You won't be disappointed.

Find the author
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...