23 Apr 2014

Beautiful darkness - Quickie Review

Beautiful darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 
The Caster chronicles book two
Available now
www. penguin.co.uk 
What's it about?One night in the rain, Ethan Wate opened his eyes and fell in love with Lena Duchannes. His life would never be the same.
Lena is a Caster and her family is locked in a supernatural civil war: full of darkness and demons. On her sixteenth birthday Lena made a terrifying choice, which now haunts her day and night.
And as her seventeenth birthday approaches Lena and Ethan face even greater danger. A Caster and a Mortal can never truly be together.
Every kiss is a curse.
Ethan's next heartbeat could be his last.
It is their curse now . . .
My review
Having read all four books in this brilliant series I can honestly say that in my opinion Beautiful darkness was the weakest in the quartet for me. Although I did still enjoy it, I found it to be a slower pace and the first 100 pages had a really sombre tone to them. That being said I was still glad I made it through the book, it gets more interesting as Ethan sets out on his quest and discovers more about Lena's world and even things he never knew about his own world and the people he knows. By the time I turned the last pages I was dying to get my hands on book three to see what was next in store for Ethan and Lena and if they'd get a happy ever after. Despite any feelings I may have had about the book being slow, it's still important to the story as a whole and isn't just a bridge book that can be missed.

If, like me, you're already a fan of this series, then check this out!

Dangerous creatures

The first in the spin-off series is available to preorder and will be released on May 20th 2014.

A new series returns to the world of Beautiful Creatures. Some loves are cursed...others are dangerous.

Ridley Duchannes will be the first to tell you that she's a bad girl. She's Dark. She's a Siren. You can never trust her, or even yourself when she's around. Lucky for her, Wesley "Link" Lincoln can never seem to remember that; quarter Incubus or not, his heart is Mortal when it comes to Ridley. When Link heads to New York City to start a music career, Ridley goes along for the ride-and she has her own reasons. As if leaving small-town Gatlin for the big city, trying to form a band, and surviving life with a partially reformed Siren isn't hard enough already, Link soon learns he has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay.

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the #1 New York Times bestselling coauthors of Beautiful Creatures, are back and casting another magical spell. Their signature mixture of mystery, suspense, and romance, along with a dash of fun and danger, will pull fans in and leave them begging for more.


Find the authors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...