12 Nov 2011

The Iron Queen - Review

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Fey book three
Available now

What's it about?
My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

Other books in the series
The Iron King
Winters passage (eBook novella)
The Iron Daughter (Review)
Summers crossing (eBook novella, set after the iron queen.)
The iron knight (Out 6th Jan [already available in the US])

My review
5/5
This is one of my favourite series' and book three did not disappoint. I've said it before but it bears repeating that Julie Kagawa really has set up a beautiful scene full of weird and wonderful creatures with beautiful descriptions that made it easy to imagine the world Meghan travels through.
I really felt everything she's been setting up in the previous books really came together to make for a tight story and a fabulous ending.
I've always like all the characters in these books and there's no exception in this installment either. Meghan has really grown from the girl we met in book one, she's learnt a lot about herself on her journey and is up to the challenges she faces, she still has the ever protective Ash and Puck but she can handle herself which I love. And speaking of Ash! I think this was my favourite book for him, he's there for Meghan the whole way and will do anything for her, I think I fell a little bit in love with him in this one.
As usual Julie's beautifully descriptive writing makes for easy reading and with lots of surprises and action there was never a dull moment.
I cannot wait for the next book The Iron Knight which is told from Ash's perspective, Swoon!

My thoughts on the cover
I really like all of the covers to this series, I love the pattern with the vines and the brannches that surround the girls face. I do love the red cover used for this particular cover and the actual cover has glitter on the vines which I think is a lovely little touch. It really is eye catching and I can easily imagine Meghan looks like the girl.

Favourite quotes
He leaned in, close enough for me to see my reflection in his silver gaze. "For better or worse, I'm afraid you're stuck with me now." - Ash

"Looks like nobody's home," Puck said, turning in a slow circle. "Helooooooooo? Anybody here?"
"Be quiet, Goodfellow." Ash growled, peering into the shadows with narrowed eyes. "We're not alone."
"Yeah? How do you figure that, Prince? I don't see anyone."
"The cait sith has disappeared."
"...crap."

3 comments:

  1. Loved loved loved this! Glad you did too. ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book!!! I've not read this author yet but I'm excited to .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaah I really have to start this series!!! I have all 3 books at home too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...