2 Nov 2011

Wednesdays Worldly covers - #37 and UK vs US #4

Wednesdays worldly covers is an original feature that I created (at least I haven't seen it elsewhere!)
Every week I share a cover from around the world.
This is the Spanish cover for Inmortal (Immortal) by Alma Katsu
Mist: Isn't it creepy, masks can always be a little creepy and this one definitely is. Have to say I don't like that it has like stickers or something all over it.

Ninfa: This cover is very pretty. I love the masked face and the colours and it reminds me a little of some of the Morganville Vampires covers we had here in the UK.
And here is the UK cover where it's called The taker.
Mist: This one is nice to but not striking. It's kind of dark and I like the illustration.

Ninfa: Thia cover is also very,very pretty with almost a Tim Burton feeling to the drawing. It feels a little Gothic almost,with the dark red roses and the black and white background and the swirls. Really like this one
UK vs US is a meme lots of blogs do but I don't know where it originated.
Every week I compare a UK and a US cover of the same book and we judge them lol
UK                                                        US
Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
Mist: Oh this is a hard one, I like them both for different reasons. The US cover is dark and when you get a good look at that face it's really freaky. The UK cover is simplar but I love the colour of it, it has an old feel to it and the edges even make it look aged. Even though it's the same book I get a different feel from each cover but I think it's a UK win for me but only just!

Ninfa: I like the UK cover but it has to be a US win for me. The cover for the US is kinda intriguing and I like the creepy vibe you get from it, with the face hiding through the maze-like circles,whilst the UK one with the girl's face is just not very exciting.

Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...