15 Nov 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (23)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, head on over there to play along.
This weeks top ten is;

'Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read'

I could probably list at least 50 books for this one lol So I'm going to try sticking to ones I just had to have and still haven't got to reading.
They're in no particular order other than the order I found them on my goodreads 'to-read' shelf.

1. Matched by Ally Condie (Bought 4th March 2011) - I wanted this so bad when it came out but I couldn't get it, so I asked my Dad for it for Christmas last year, three months later when he still hadn't got to getting it for me I bought it myself, so then of course a copy he'd ordered showed up so I ended up with two! I gave the extra one away and guess what, I still haven't read it! However I should be getting Crossed for review any day now so I do have plans to read it very soon, yay!

2. Need by Carrie Jones (Bought early 2009) - I hadn't heard of this when it came out, I was still new to the genre, but I came across it browsing the bookstore and it sounded good (and it had a pretty cover!) so I bought it, I've even since bought Captivate and very recently someone gifted me Entice so I now have all three available books in the series but have I read it... nope!

3. Night World books 1 - 3 bind-up by L.J. Smith (Bought May 2009, I think) - I got this after reading Twilight because I wanted more Vampires yet somehow it's got pushed aside over and over and I've never read it.

4. Strange angels by Lili St. Crow (Bought Feb 2010) - I heard about this first when it was on my Amazon recommendations, it sounded so good I purposely searched it out on a shopping trip with a friend, a year and a half later it's still waiting for me to get to it.

5. The hollow by Jessica Verday (Bought Dec 2009) Well actually this was a Christmas present from my husband but who do you think picked it! lol It's another one I've since collected the rest of the series to but still haven't read.

6. Sisters red by Jackson Pearce (Bought June-ish 2010) - I just had to have this, I moaned at my husband until I got it, I had planned to read it but somewhere along the way I didn't.

7. Storm born by Richelle Mead (Bought Dec 2009) - After loving the first couple of Vampire academy books I wanted to try something else by the author so I bought this and the next book, I even later went on to buy the first book in her succubus series but I've never gotten to reading either. I think I'm subconciously worried that I'll be let down if I don't like them as much as VA and it'll ruin that for me, or something lol

8. Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Bought Dec 2009) - No story to this one, it sunded good so I bought it but I still haven't got to reading it.

9. Halfway to the grave by Jeaniene Frost (Bought June 2010) - I wasn't sure if I should about getting this one for the longest time, even though I know it's a popular series I just wasn't sure it was for me but someone said I just had to get it so I did planning to read it sometime soon but I just never, now I've promised someone else I'll have it read by the end of this year and I'm running out of time!

10. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Bought Jan 2010) - This one sounded interesting so I bought it, I've since bought Shiver and Linger by the author which I looooved and yet I still haven't gone back and read this one!

And after going through my Amazon history and racking my brains to remember when I bought these books I just totally shocked at how many more books I've owned for nearly two years and still haven't read!
It's giving me an idea for a challenge next year!

What books have you been hoarding?

8 comments:

  1. Hi

    I've been hoarding Aprilynne Pike - Wings series, Holly Black - Curse Workers series, Alyson Noel - The Immortals series, Ilona Andrews - Kate Daniels series, Patrick Ness' - Chaos Walking, Melissa De lA Cruz - Blue Bloods, I have all the books to date in these series'and not read them plus more stand alone books.

    You have made me realise I am a book series, mainly, hoarder..ha!

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I loved Need and The Hollow (which I didn't even notice was 500+ pages). Lots of awesome books there.

    My top ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read more by Maggie Stiefvater as well - and I've heard good things about Matched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sisters Red is on my wishlist. :)
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read any of them, but a couple sound really good.

    Here's My Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have got some great books on your list. I loved Strange Angels, I have only read the 1st book in the series, but I do have the rest of the books waiting on my shelves to be read.

    This is my 1st week participating in Top 10
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-10-tuesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a lot of these still on my TBR shelves like Nightworld and the remaining books in the Strange Angels series though I did read the first two.

    The Need series is super fun and so is Wings! I'm the same way with Matched. I really want to read it just haven't had the time.

    Great variety in your TBR pile. Hopefully you'll have time to sit down and get to them all some day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I'm perpetually hoarding books. I want something really bad, and then I end up putting on the shelf to be read "later". Hopefully, I get around to reading all the books on my pile right now soon!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...