3 Oct 2012

UK vs THE WORLD (39)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                            vs.                   Turkey
('Uyandığında' translates to 'Wake up.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: I'm torn between these two, for cosmetic reasons I love the UK cover but the Turkish cover fits the story but its not very attractive, in the book the girl has red skin so she's not represented properly in the UK cover but I like the light colours and the font so I guess its a UK win for me if I have to choose.

Ninfa: I've heard good things about this book but I'm a little unimpressed with the covers unfortunately.
 The UK cover is just like any other fiction cover out there and the model seems too sweet and innocent for what the book blurb describes.
The Turkish cover is very "Crime Noir" and again, doesn't really make me want to pick up the book.
 I think this time covers have failed the book, as neither encompasses the story line very well. Personal taste would move me towards the UK cover, but this time I don't think either can truly be winners...

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. I really dont like these covers. the orginal US one is a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I like the UK cover! The Turkish one is just weird, lol! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...