14 Jan 2013

Dead romantic - Review


Available 4th Feb 2013
doublecluck.co.uk 

What's it about?

Camille wants to find the perfect boy, with an athlete's body and a poet's brain. But when she's mocked at a college party, she kows there isn't a boy alive who'll ever measure up. Enter Zoe, her brilliant but strange best friend, who takes biology homework to a whole new level. She can create Camille's dream boy, Frankenstein-stylee. But can she make him love her?
My review
Dead romantic was a fun and twisted kind of novel, I really enjoyed it and laughed my butt off throughout.
Camille was an easy character to get along with and I liked her instantly, I couldn't help feeling sorry for her too, when she was feeling lonely and left out by her friends, I think we all had a time like that when we were her age. It was easy to understand why she went along with a harebrained scheme to make a boy of her own.
I also liked Zoe, I think it took a while to understand her but she was really nice, just a little socially inept, her and Camille made good friends.
As for the story, I thought it was really imaginative and I liked how the inspirations for it were mentioned in the book, it makes me want to go check them out. I had a great time reading this book, I love the authors humour, Camilles slightly immature outlook on love and relationships. It was loads of fun and didn't take itself seriously, its not every day grave robbing can be funny!
At first glance it seems like Dead romantic might be gory, what with all the dead bodies, or bits of them but its not, so don't worry if you're weak stomached, you can still read this one, which I urge everyone to do!

My thoughts on the cover
I love this cover, it gets the story across along with its humorous feel, I like the stitching and the lightening/electricity, its a very cool cover.

Favourite quotes
'It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen since I'd been alive. It beat all magic tricks I'd ever seen and all the cartwheels I'd ever done and finding a dead woman. Anyway, it was truly awesies.'


'My heart was going beserk. 'So you actually like... love me?' He nodded.
I frowned. 'Like Splodge loves Poppy love me?' He nodded again. 'Like Jack loves Rose? Like Peeta loves Katniss? Like Edward loves Bella?'
'Yes,' he said. 'I can't believe you didn't get the hint.''

Find the author

3 comments:

  1. This is the book you did your nails to match!
    This sounds like fun, I really love books which make you laugh out loud, even if they are to do with body bits! So glad that this isn't gory! I'm really not a fan of gore at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review =) I felt the same about this book, it's so different and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I absolutely love the sound of this! I have been wishing for this for a while now, lol! I like the idea of the book and I'm so glad it has tons of humour! I will definitely be buying this at some point! So glad you enjoyed it, Mist - Great Review! :)I LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...