22 Jan 2013

UK vs THE WORLD (54)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                           vs                  Germany
Kismet Knight book one.
('Kismet Knight, Vampirpsychologin' translates to 'Kisment Knight, Vampire psychologist.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: Definitely a UK win for me this week, the German cover is just so uninteresting, there's not really much going on except for the pretty pattern at the bottom. I really like the colours of the UK cover, the back view of the girl with her head down and the rose sticking out of her lap, and even the sky line and moon, its just filled with mystery.

Ninfa: The UK cover is lovely, it has that Goth vibe that just goes hand in hand with a Vampire theme. Although it's a little predictable, it's still very lovely. The German cover is pretty but I just can't see the Vampire connection, or anything that would tell me what the story is about at first glance. UK wins.

Which do you prefer?

4 comments:

  1. I agree, the German one is boring and has zero connection to the content I'd anticipate from the title! Though if I'm honest the UK one hasn't won itself a spot among my all time favorites either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the uk one. It's just prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole; i love the German one just because it's prettier then the UK one lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the UK cover! It's haunting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...