8 Jan 2013

Easy - Review



Available now
penguin.co.uk 

What's it about?
Rescued by a stranger. Haunted by a secret.
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…
A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?
When Jacqueline follows her long-term boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup at the start of their second year. After two weeks in shock she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Leaving a party alone one night, she is assaulted. Rescued by a stranger who is in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget that night. But when her attacker turns stalker she has to make a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back.
The support of the intriguing man who is tutoring her in Economics, together with the allure of Lucas, who saved her from the assault, convinces her that it’s worth fighting on. Lucas proves understanding and protective, but he’s hiding secrets of his own. Will Jacqueline have to choose between Lucas and her tutor? Suddenly, knowing who to trust is anything but easy.
My review
(4.5)
Easy pulled me in from the first pages and was a really easy book to read (Pun intended!) I really enjoyed the whole book and found it hard to put down. Watching the romance develop between Jacqueline and Lucus was my favourite part of the book and I admit I fell for right alongside her, but then again how couldn't I? He's tattooed, pierced and gorgeous! He's also not everything he seems on the surface.
As the book starts, Jacqueline firsts experiences a horrible event and then we start to learn other things that have happened to her lately and I just couldn't help feeling sorry for her.
There are some mature scenes when Lucus and Jacqueline do get together but I think they were handled very tastefully and none came off cheesy, in fact some were actually really sexy, not in a vulgar way, but that could be because I have a huge crush on Lucus lol.
I have to admit I did guess the twist pretty early on, but a friend told me she never at all so I guess not everyone will, it was still a good one though and I enjoyed the build-up even if I knew what was going to happen.
I thought Easy was a wonderful book, the only reason I didn't give it a full 5/5 is because Jacqueline just didn't seem as affected by what happens at the start as I thought she would've been, she just seems to brush it off and carry on, and although she gets upset later, it just didn't seem quite believable by then, but otherwise, I loved it!
It was well written, with great characters and a great plot, it was my first book by the author and certainly won't be my last!

My thoughts on the cover
I do like this cover but to be honest I prefer the colour version that was originally released, the guy for Lucus fits him in my imagination perfectly though.

Favourite quotes
'When his lips touched just south of my earlobe, I thought I might pass out. "Let's just dance," he said. Pulling back just far enough to stare into my eyes, he drew my body against his, and my legs obeyed where his said to go.'

'His lips played over mine, and he pulled me to the center of the bed and laid me flat. I opened my eyes when he drew back and stared down at me. "Say stop, whenever you want to stop. Understand?"'

Find the author
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

7 comments:

  1. I still haven't read this one though loads of people have said how good it is. It sounds like you really enjoyed it too. This is one that I should probably get round to reading this year. Lucas sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh I'm dying to read this!! Love your review, that I want it even more if that's even possible LOL. *sigh¨*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab review Mist I bought it yesterday as I've seen so many great reviews. Like you I'm a big fan of the tattooed and pierced hero. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. Looks like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait my book to come, enjoy reading every review about this book because all is good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review, cant wait my book to come ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you know who the guy is on the cover of easy? what's his name? thanks

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...