22 May 2013

UK vs THE WORLD (68)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                            vs               Germany
The testing book one.
('Die auslese' translates to 'The readout.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: While the girl on the German cover does look badass, I like the grainy, textured look to the UK cover and the symbol is cool, there are lots of covers with girls on and this one doesn't particularly stand out amognst many so I think I'd choose UK as my fourite, it has more of a unique feel to it and I'm curious about the background.

Ninfa: I'm really torn between these two. There are a lot of covers similar to the UK one (Divergent and The Hunger Games spring to mind), but although it isn't the most original, it is a very cool cover. I like the symbol, and the cityscape as a background, and I also like the tag line. The whole feel is very Dystopian and I also like the colour scheme where the red of the symbol and title really stand out.
The German cover is also very interesting, I like the armband with the symbol on the model and her ragged t-shirt gives you the feeling that she's been through a lot. Unfortunately it looks more like an Action/Urban Fantasy cover and doesn't quite capture the blurb as the UK cover does. I do like that it is different from other Dystopian covers out there, but perhaps I still find the UK cover more apt.
UK wins.

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. I like the German one (Auslese means something like 'selection' or 'elite' by the way; auslesen means to pick&choose from a number of options) but I agree that UK one fits the genre better. To be honest though, no cover I've seen so far has really blown me away...

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...