14 May 2013

The elite - Review


The selection book two
Available now
harpercollins.co.uk 

What's it about?

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Iléa.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.
Other titles in the series
The selection - Book one
The Prince - Book 0.5
My review
I enjoyed The elite every bit as much as The selection, its full of will they, won't they moments, lots of drama and topped with rebel attacks to keep the reader on there toes, or should I say the edge of their seat.
If you've read book one, you know that the main focus is really America trying to decide between Prince Maxon and Aspen, and though she's still in this dilemma, it doesn't get boring or tedious, different events keep happening to sway her decision and I was with her emotionally every step of the way, I understood her motives and feelings and knew why it was such a hard decision for her to make and to be honest I can't decide who I like best either, they both have good and bad qualities. So, as you can imagine, I'm really geared up for book three as I can't wait to see who she choses and find out the mystery behind the rebels and what will happen with them. Both books in this series have been exciting page turners, lets hope the same for the conclusion!

My thoughts on the cover
I really like this cover, it ties in well with the first since its the same theme and the dress is great and makes her look a mile tall.

Favourite quotes
'Darling? The word so tender and personal, enveloped me. In that moment, any desire I had to fight my feelings for Maxon disappeared. I wanted to be his dear, his darling. I wanted to be Maxon's alone.'

'For a while we sat in silence, and I closed my eyes and focused on the sound of Aspen's breathing. Not so long ago, I'd done the same thing with Maxon. But this was different. If I had to, I thought I could pick Aspen's breathing out out of a crowd. I knew him so well. And clearly, he knew me. This tiny bit of peace was everything I'd been aching for, and Aspen made it real.'

Find the author
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Selection so I'm glad The Elite doesn't disappoint. I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...