10 Feb 2014

Slated - Review

Slated book one.
Available now.
www.bookswithbite.co.uk 
What's it about?
Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.
She’s been Slated.
The government claims she was a terrorist and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?
My review
What a brilliant start to a series! Slated is full of mystery and kept me hooked right the way through trying to figure out everything along with Kyla, who she really was, why she'd been slated and a government that may be more than it seems. Ain't that always the way though lol. I was really intrigued by the whole premise and stored up every clue and fact that was given to me along the way. I couldn't predict where the book was going to take me next and often felt as clueless as Kyla, but not in a frustrating way, it just added to the excitement. And that ending! Man was I glad I read it when book two is already out so I can get hold of it immediately.
Needless to say - though I am saying since this is a review - I really, really enjoyed this book. It was a real page turner with a great leading lady. Kyla was a wonderful character, she seemed naive and tough at the same time and her curiosity could've rivalled Alice's. And deep down you can feel she's probably some kind of badass, I was rooting for her to get her memories back all the way through just to see if that was true.
I liked Ben too, he was sweet and caring, even if Kyla kind of broke him a little bit.
Slated is a big must for YA fans who like some action and mystery and government conspiracy.

Find the author


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...