26 Jun 2014

The one - Review


The selection book three.
Available now 

What's it about?

THE SELECTION changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon’s heart.
For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.
Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.
America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.
My review
A great end to a great series, The one was another enjoyable read from Kiera Cass.
Whilst I think the ending was always obvious, it was still a great journey getting there and meeting all the great characters in the world of The selection. The final book still sees twists like the others as the tension ramps up in both the competition and with the rebels. America is still making herself stand out by sticking to her beliefs, a trait I've always admired in her, she's willing to risk herself and her place in the competition rather than go against her morals which in the end, I think only endears her more to Maxon and the public. I've really enjoyed the story as a trilogy and each book individually as I felt they all had something to add. By the end of The one I found everything was wrapped up nicely, I wasn't left with any niggling questions and personally I was happy with how things ended for everyone. I also found The one to be a more emotional read than the previous two books as well, maybe because I was feeling the end of a series loss but there really are some big moments that will bring a tear to your eye or having you saying 'awww' and by the last pages I was happy for everyone but sad to say goodbye at the same time. The selection has been a wonderful series to read and was written beautifully, I enjoyed the competition, the emotions and of course, the pretty dresses. I hope whatever Kiera Cass creates next will be just as wonderful as this trilogy was.

Find the author
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...