28 Feb 2011

March Books of the month and new mini challenge of the month

I recently mentioned on the Facebook page that I'm changing how I pick the books of the month. From now on the first will be one I read the previous month and recommend to all. For the second, if there are no suggestions or requests, I will use a random generator to pick a genre and then will pick a book from that genre that I think either looks good or I know is good if I've read it before.
I'm also getting rid of the word of the month becasue I don't think people are bothered about participating lol instead I'm going to start doing a mini challenge every month, you don't have to join in but would be great if you do. You can comment here or on the page to let me know if your participating.
So anyway first Book of the month for March is:

Keep your head down. Don't get noticed. Or else. I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? Not like it's all that dangerous - the only neck at risk is my own. Until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution...


 
 
 
 
 

Inside out by Maria V. Snyder.
Most people that know me probably won't be to surprised by my choic since she's my favourite author lol
I actually read this months ago when it was released in the US, but I read it again in February before reading the second book Outside in to refresh myself, also it was only released here in the UK last month and the second book is out soon, that's why I choose this and not the sequel for book of the month. They're both brilliant books and I think you all should read them
You can check out my review for both here
 
Alison Wells is no ordinary woman. Born with super-natural powers, she can never make love to a man without putting him in grave danger. But when her special vision reveals a glorious muscled man soaring overhead on mighty wings, she feels an overwhelming attraction she cannot resist - even as he tells her: 'I have come for you. Your blood belongs to me'. Kerrick is a vampire and a warrior who has fought his hunger for a woman's love for the past two hundred years. As a Guardian of Ascension, he is sworn to protect Alison from the death vamp armies who crave her blood and her power. But Kerrick has cravings of his own - a forbidden longing to open his heart and veins to Alison. To share his blood...satisfy his thirst...and seal their fates forever.

The second book is Ascension by Caris Roane.
I couldn't find the random generator I usually use because I'm on a different computer lol So I asked on the page and the first response was from Cindy McCune, who picked paranormal romance. I did a search and have to be honest this cover caught my eye lol It's the first in a new sereis and I think it sounds very interesting.
 
And for the mini challenge, all you have to do is reread and old (or new) favourite. Maybe something you've already read a bunch of times or something you really want to reread but haven't because it wouldn't be fair to all the new books you have lol
Let me know if your joining in any of theses and which books you plan to read. Come back later in the month if your not sure yet because I wanna know. In fact I wanna know what your reading right now! You don't have to be a follower to commet (although it would be nice lol)
Currently I'm reading Intertwined by Gena Showalter, I'm only four chapters in but I like what I've seen so far : )
Photobucket
                                

                                 

1 comment:

  1. I should be about to read Inside Out

    and i think I will do the mini challenge. Think I will reread New moon. I reread Twilight before xmas when I was a a reading funk and it brought me back out so think its time to read New Moon =)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...