9 Jan 2013

UK vs THE WORLD (52)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                           vs                         US
Earth girl book one.

Mist: I've always loved the UK cover, I just love the colours and the skyline but I also really like what they've done with the US cover, the globe looks stunning and the way the girls hugging it, I like that her dress is simple so you're drawn to the globe and the beautiful sky, I'm not sure I could pick a favourite but the UK tagline is pretty cool.

Ninfa: I love the UK cover, so Dystopian and really haunting. I like the thundering sky line and the lonely silhouette on the building. Very eye catching.
The US cover is pretty and it has a dreamy feeling, I just don't think it fits the blurb as nicely as the UK cover does. UK wins.

Which do you prefer?

7 comments:

  1. I really like the UK cover. It is really well-done, but there's this unique thing that I haven't seen before with the US cover. Yeah, covers with girls on them are so cliche, but I love how she's holding earth and everything. I find it to be very creative. So the US is a win for me even though I am not a fan of covers with girls on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the globe in the US cover! It looks stunning. I've never seen anything similar before! But apart from that one thing I like the UK cover better. The color, the city skyline, the birds, the silhouette. It makes me anticipate a story with action and a fast pace, while the US one looks calm, slower, and more inward-focused. So I think I'd pick the UK one in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the UK cover the best. The colors and the scene are gorgeous. The US cover, with the muted colors and the whole "trendy" feel doesn't appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both, but I love the eerie sky in the UK cover all the more! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the UK one best. It makes me want to read it more. The globe on the US one is awesome though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I really like to US cover for this one! It's really unique and I love the globe in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The UK cover is beautiful!! I always love when books get different covers.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...