18 Mar 2013

The Vincent boys - Review


The Vincent boys book one
Available now
www.hotkeybooks.com 

What's it about?

Beau Vincent is rude, bad, and dangerous to know. So, why can’t good girl Ashton Gray keep away from him? She already has the perfect boyfriend – her town’s local Prince Charming, Sawyer Vincent. But Sawyer is away for the summer, and in the meantime Ashton is bored, and the head between her and Beau is undeniable – as well as irresistible. Ashton is about to unleash her bad girl – but what will she do when Sawyer comes home? And how will Sawyer react when he returns to find his girlfriend in the arms of his best friend – and cousin? *Warning* Sexual content. 
My review
(3.5)
I started this book with some high expectations as I know so many people that love it and while I did enjoy it I don't think I quite loved it as much as everybody else.
While the story was great, the characters interesting and their actions were even understandable, it was all the big honest speeches that I had trouble with, lets see if I can explain this in a way that makes sense lol. Its not that I think people don't talk honestly about their feelings in real life, of course they do, its just the way it was approached in the book, when it came to the serious talks, well they weren't really talks, they were just one person giving a huge speech on exactly what they were thinking and feeling, the other person giving their big speech and conversation over when that's not how people talk in real life, it was these moments that just didn't ring true for me, perhaps I'm being picky but it bothered me.
Other than that I did really enjoy the book, in fact I found it hard to put down, it has some great hot scenes that aren't gratuitous, they fit into the story. I liked the story, what Ashton and Beau are doing is wrong but at the same time, its explained well enough and their relationship explored so that we know exactly why its happening so instead of hating them, I actually agreed with them that its what they should have been doing all along. While I did feel sorry for Sawyer, I couldn't help egging them on lol.
The character development was done really well for Ashton and Beau also, we get to learn a lot about them now and the friendship they had before as they talk often about past escapades and we really get to know them as a couple.
So, although I don't think its fantastically written I did enjoy The Vincent boys a lot and will be looking to get my hands on a copy of book two and seeing what happens next, although I have my suspicions!

My thoughts on the cover
I really like this cover, its understated in a great way and I think it reflects the novel perfectly, I also love the black and white version on the uncut edition.

Favourite quotes
'She started walking toward me and perfect white teeth caught her bottom lip between them. I'd fantasized about those lips way too many times. She'd barely covered up her long tanned legs with a pair of shorts that made me want to go to church this Sunday just to thank God for creating her.'

'His voice had deepened as he studied my mouth. All I could manage was a shrug. His thumb was delicately brushing over my bottom lip as if he were asking for admittance, and I was lost. We were standing right outside the church where anyone could walk out and catch us but all I could think about was pressing my lips against his. Beau was becoming a necessity and nothing about such a revelation could be considered positive.'

Find the author
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...