14 Jul 2012

Showcase Saturday (10)

'Showcase Sunday' is hosted by Vicky at Books, biscuits and tea.

9th July - 15th July



Books mentioned
Bought
RAK
For review

So I got some books this week I am really excited about and some others that I am particularly curious about, I also got a few ebooks, I picked up Pride and prejudice and Northanger abbey by Jane Austen for free on Kindle after asking Misty at The book rat where she would recommend an Austen novice start.
I also got Lucid by P.T. Michelle for review, I read the first book, Brightest kind of darkness, last year - also for review - and enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next.
And since I forgot to mention them last week, I got Charade by Cambria Hebert for review and picked up Between which is a short story that happens between Charade and the book before it, Masquerade, which I also read, reviewed and enjoyed last year.

What did you get this week?

11 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about Bared to You so I'll be looking out for your review of it ^^ Not sure whether or not to read it... Great haul :)

    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earhfall sounds quite good, I might bag me a copy of that. My copy of This is Not a Test is delayed at Amazon grrr!!

    Is Bared to You out already in Smiths? I went passed the ohter day and the poster in the window said it was out the 19th? I pre ordered a copy from Amazon for £4.99 is it any cheaper in Smiths?

    I'm not a huge fan of Jane Austen, I prefer Charlotte Bronte, she is a bit more darker and gothic than Jane Austen. If you want something classic without full on classic I can recommend Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier..I haven't read anything classic for years and years... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grr to Amazon lol my copy came from BD :)

      Um, I can't remember, I think it was about £6.99 (checking for sure would involve me getting up!) but it was in the buy one get one half price, hence me getting two books lol

      Ohhh thanks, I've been making a little collection of classics lately because I want to try some, I've only read a couple. I have read new girl by Paige Harbison which is a retelling of Rebecca so i'll have to give that a try

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM =)

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-44-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of books :) hope u enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of books and Bared to You! I got that this this week too and I can't wait to read it! Enjoy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll also be checking out Bared to You very soon. I have it on my Kindle. Enjoy your books!

    Mine: http://bookyaddict.blogspot.ie/2012/07/showcase-sunday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! I've heard a lot about Chain Reaction and Bared to You, so I hope you enjoy them and your others!

    PS. I'm a new follower, your blog is awesome:)

    My Showcase Sunday:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I received Chain Reaction this week too I am so looking forward to starting that one. This is not a test was a good read although I found it hard to get into and I hated the ending (unless there's another book) but everything inbetween was brilliant. Hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all look SO good. Awesome haul ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane Austen is great! I loved Pride and Prejudice. :)
    I'm still waiting for my copy of Debutantes - can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...