11 Jul 2012

UK vs THE WORLD (29)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                        vs.                        US
Wintercraft book one.
(Obviously 'Wintercraft' is called 'Shadowcry' in the US.)

Mist: This is no contest, UK win! The colours are just so much nicer and brighter and the whole cover has a very fantasy feel, especially with the things in the background and the Gargoyles. The US cover in comparison is kinda boring, but I do like the font and the archways.

Ninfa: Oh, I love both of these covers, and they are so similar!
 The UK cover has a very definite Fantasy feel, and I love the title font!
 The tag line is awesome, but I kinda prefer it in the US version...very difficult choice, but I think I'm going to vote US for this one. I really love the archway and the lonely figure in front of it, makes me curious about the plot and what the image represents. Fabulous covers though in both cases, so it's a very marginal win ;)

Which do you prefer?

4 comments:

  1. UK!!! no contest, its just simply stunning and is even better in person :)
    alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anything about the book but judging by the titles I'm guessing it's a fantasy. The US definitely has more of a fantasy feel but I also find the US one to be a little too juvenile, I still love it though. The US one has a slightly more eerie feel to it that I really like so even though it's a little more plain I'm going to have to vote US

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I meant to say that UK one has a fantasy feel and looks more juvenile. My bad!

      Delete
  3. I kinda like then both! But I think the US one wins for me this week because of the Gothic feel I'm getting from it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...