5 Aug 2012

It's not summer without you - Review


Summer book two.
Available now.
www.penguin.co.uk 

What's it about?

One girl. Two brothers. Which one will she choose? Isabel's lazy, long hot summers at her family friends' beach house are over. Conrad - sexy and unavailable - is the only boy she's ever loved. He's left for college, taking her heart with him. Jeremiah, his gorgeous brother, is still Isabel's best friend - but maybe friendship isn't enough for him anymore ...Isabel just wants everything to stay the same, because change means moving on. But if she stops looking back, will she find a future she never knew she wanted?
Previous books in the series (Links to my review)
The summer I turned pretty - Book one.
My review
I really enjoyed book one, The summer I turned pretty, so I was grateful I had book two to start right away.
It's not summer without you was just as good as it's predecessor, Jenny Han has a good knack for writing something that flows so easily you don't even realise you've reached the end until there are no more words.
This picks up the next summer following the previous book, so it's a year later but as with the first one the chapters go back and forth between the present and the near past, I really liked that this theme had been kept in this book, it made it fit well within the series.
Belly has started growing up, though she is still a little immature sometimes, aren't we all lol but I still love her, she's a great character whom I wish I could be friends with.
There were also a few chapters from Jeremiah's point of view that really insightful into his feelings, I'm still team Conrad all the way right now but both boys have their qualities, I really cannot wait to see who she ends up with and what will become of the other boy, on to book three!

My thoughts on the cover
This cover is really pretty, just like the first and they fit in well, I love all the little hearts making the big heart and the summery orange and yellow.

Favourite quotes
'When I got home, my mother was so mad. But I didn't regret it. I never regretted it, not for one second. How do you regret one of the best nights of your entire life? You don't. You remember every word, every look. Even when it hurts, you still remember.'

'This is what people meant when they said the earth stopped turning. It felt like a world outside of that car, that moment, didn't exist. It was just us.'

Find the author
Website
Tumblr
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...