29 Aug 2012

UK vs THE WORLD (34)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK vs. Spain
('Una nit a la lluna' - which is actually Catalan and is spoken in Cataluna - translates to 'One night the moon.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: This is an easy UK win for me, I love the colours and the graffiti, how the girl is just in the corner so we can see all of the artwork. I don't like the Cataluan cover at all, it looks outdated and its kind of boring.

Ninfa: I think for me it's a clear UK win. I'm not too fond of the Catalan/Spanish cover, mainly for personal taste as I don't like the old fashion style of the drawing. The whole cover feels a little back-dated in my opinion.
 The UK cover is edgy and I like the graffiti style background and the girl's profile lost in thought. The font is also very cool :)

Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

  1. An easy UK win! The Spanish one is a bit strange, lol! I need to start this book soon, I have had it for ages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not keen on either but the uk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UK win hands down. The Spanish one looks really old and you wouldn't think it was a YA book based on the cover

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole: If I had to pick it would be UK but both are terrible

    ReplyDelete
  5. We revamped our UK vs US and its slightly similar to yours now. Come and check it out

    Cover Cover On The Blog

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...