21 Nov 2012

Set in the UK (6)

'Set in the UK' is a series of posts me and Donna, my UK appreciation month co-host over at Book passion for life, will be running throughout November to highlight books that are set in the UK for you to discover.


Billy is a street urchin, pickpocket and petty thief. Mister Creecher is a monstrous giant of a man who terrifies all he meets. Their relationship begins as pure convenience. But a bond swiftly develops between these two misfits as their bloody journey takes them ever northwards on the trail of their target ...Victor Frankenstein.
Friendship, trust and betrayal combine to form a dangerous liaison in this moving and frightening new book from Chris Priestley.



Mister Creecher is set in London and travels into the north of England, its a take on Frankenstein after he made the monster. I've never read the original novel that the characters are based on, so I wasn't sure what to expect but I really enjoyed it and loved the twist at the end. You can see my review here, if you want to find out more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...