14 Jan 2011

Clockwork Angel review

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

What's it about?
Magic is dangerous - but love is more dangerous still... When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn ever deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated by - and torn between - two best friends, and quickly realizes that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

My review:
3/5
After enjoying The Mortal Instruments series I was looking forward to reading the start in this new prequel spin-off series but have to say I was a little disappointed. Whilst the premise is a good one along with the setting I often found myself becoming bored learning all about the world of Shadowhunters and Demons with the protag Tessa because I'd already learnt it all reading the first series, I also found Tessa and Will to be quite similair to Clary and Jace so reading a lot of the book felt like Deja vu. The main plot though was interesting and there was enough questions after a great action scene at the end that made me want to read the next book Clockwork Prince. Now that Tessa has been introduced to this new world I have high hopes the second book will include more story and defintily more action!

For more on Cassandra Clare visit her website: http://cassandraclare.com/cms/home
Buy the book here (UK)

1 comment:

  1. Aaaw. To be honest, I enjoyed this more than TMI. I prefer Will over Jace. Haha. And I got my cousin into reading books because of this.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...