19 Jan 2011

Guest Blogger - Jayne O'Hagan

A glimpse into the world of a Bookaholic by Jayne O'Hagan
This blog has got no name

Hi I'm Jayne & i'm a bookaholic yet i don't have any desire to be cured....EVER!!!!. When i was younger i always read, i remember my sisters buying me books, always reading & i'd also write stories, as my mum use to say living in a fantasy world. Then life sort of took over after leaving school, working, having children. I rarely read,for myself maybe the occasional true life story, i always tried to read as much as possible to my children. That all changed last year when a friend bought the same book twice by accident so she sent it to me. That book was Vampire Academy Frostbite unknown to me it was book 2. Since then i have read the whole series. I then found Morganville vampires as i'd gone into Waterstones the author Rachel Caine was doing a book signing later that week on my birthday so i searched to find out all about the series & loved what i found out.I was even encouraged to buy Twilight i was reluctant as i didn't think it was my thing but i loved it. They so are my thing Twilight isn't only for teenage girls & the same friend sent me New moon & Eclipse. My obsession as taken over everything else it's all i think about, everytime i go out i'm only happy if i come home with a book. My other half asked ''why don't you join the library?'' i looked at him with all seriousness replying ''but i'd have to give them back''. All i'm looking for is people to understand that being a bookaholic isn't anything to be ashamed of lol!! No it's something to be proud of to shout about it. Those who aren't bookaholic's are missing out on so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...