24 Jan 2011

Mystery of the attic review


Mystery of the attic by T.J Perkins


What's it about?
Melissa is just an average thirteen year old with a semi average life until she moves into an eighteenth century farmhouse. There she discovers that the house is haunted by two ghosts - one good and one evil. With the help of her stepsister, they unravel an age-old mystery and solve an unsolvable crime; one that was never intended to be solved. Many evil hauntings attempt to prevent the girls from discovering the truth. It's a race against time and a battle of wits to see which will prevail - the living or the dead.


My review
4/5
Although this book is aimed at younger readers aged from 8 - 14 I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a short read and I made quick work of it! The writing style is easwy to get into and I really like the chracter of Melissa, I thought she was very mature and clever for her age and extremely determined, I also liked her relationship with her younger sister, they're friends but there's also the common sibling rivalry there that made the relationship feel more real. And along with Melissa I found myself extremely curious about the mystery of the attic. I'll definitely be looking to get my hands on the sequel, On forbidden ground and I'll also be saving the book for my children in a few years.


For more on TJ Perkins visit her page here
Find out where you can buy the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...