20 Feb 2013

UK vs THE WORLD (58)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!

UK                       vs                       Greece
Across the universe book two.
('Ένα Εκατομμύριο Ήλιοι' translates to 'A million suns.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: To be honest I'm not a fan of either of these covers but if I had to choose I'd pick the UK cover because its a lot more intereting, I really like the sun on the Greek cover but nothing about the rest of it, the UK cover at least has some mystery to it and has a sci-fi feel.

Ninfa: Although I'm not a mega fan of either, I do prefer the UK cover. It has a Sci-Fi/Fantasy feel to it and I love the mechanical effects around the centre of the cover, and the tunnel-like vision zooming into the characters.
The Greek version is a little too '70s-tastic for my taste, too graphic and not enough emotion. I do like the blazing sun in it, and the night sky view, but it doesn't really excite me much, it feels dated.
So UK wins this week for me :)

Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. UK!! It fits with the genre and themes of the story. That other one?? It simply horrible!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...