30 Dec 2011

My favourite sidekicks of 2011

Often sidekicks can get overlooked and forgotten for the main hero so here is a list of my favourite sidekicks from the books I read in 2011 (not books that were released)
The idea to list sidekicks was Ninfas so I can't take credit for it, but never the less...

Here are my favourite sidekicks.

Wesley Lincoln from The Caster chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - Aww I've always been a fan of Ethans best friend Link and I loved him the best in Beautiful chaos which I read this year. He's just so funny and I love the banter between him and Ethan but in book three he really started coming into his own, and it's so sweet how he's really head over heels for Ridley. I still haven't read his short story Dream dark but hope to soon.

Newt from The maze runner trilogy by James Dashner - Though Thomas becomes the leader Newt was the leader first and still is partly throughout, I don't want to give anything away but I was crying for him during The death cure.
Sam Goode from The Lorian legacies by Pittacus Lore - It seems someone from this series is making it onto all of my lists! But I do love Sam, I felt so sorry for him at the start of I am number four, he's the geeky kid that gets bullied and believes in aliens :( He's a great guy and is there for his friend no matter how scared he is and I was so glad he's also in The power of six, he's great in that!
Grimalkin from The iron fey series by Julie Kagawa - I should point out first that I found this super cute image TeenBookaholic reviews and hope she doesn't mind me borrowing it! Yes I've added a cat to my list! But if you've met Grimalkin you'll understand, he's sarcastic, funny but extremely clever and sneaky and I love him!
Scout Green from The dark elite by Chloe Neill - I instantly liked Lilys new best friend when I met her in Firespell at the start of the year, the girls have a great relationship and Scout will help her friend whenever, no questions asked, but maybe that's because she also has her own secrets, I liked her in the second book Hexbound as well when we get to learn more about her.
Jenna Talbot from The Hex hall series by Rachel Hawkins - Aww I love Jenna and her friendship with Sophie is really great. I warmed to her right away as I learned her story, she's the only vampire in the entire school and everyone is wary of her, this petite little girl so it was great when Sophie befriended her and we saw their relationship grow, I' looking forward to more of her in the next book.

Eddie Castile from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - Ahhh I've always liked Eddie, with so many great characters throughtout the Vampire academy series it was always easy to forget Eddie, and again in Bloodlines there are some old favourites and some newbies to overshadow him but I love Eddie, he's ever vigilant and takes his assignments seriously, I'd love to have him as my protector because I'd feel completely safe.
Eve Rosser from The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine - She's confidengt, sassy, knows her own style and goes out with the hottest vampire in Morganville! What's not to love!







And there you have it, my favourite sidekicks of 2011, whilst I did meet lots of other nice sidekicks and best friends throughout the year, these are the ones that still stick out to me enough to remember their names so they've made my list.

Who were your favourite sidekicks of 2011?

1 comment:

  1. Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bones
    Gabrielle from Uncommon Criminals
    Reyana from The Son of Neptune
    Hana from Delirium

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...