13 Dec 2011

Top ten Tuesday (26)

Top ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The broke and the bookish
This weeks top ten is:

'Books I want to give as gifts'

This is going to be hard I think because everyone has different tastes and also because I've already sent all my friends bookie xmas presents but some don't know what they are so I can't name them, I'll spoil the surprise lol But I do love sharing books I love so others can love them to, so I'll list ten books I would gift to someone if I had to choose from books I love.

1. Poison study by Maria V. Snyder - Yes, that old chestnut! lol Regular visitors already know how much I love Maria. If I could I'd buy all of her books for anyone I know that doesn't have them because I think everyone in the world should read them lol. I did actually send a copy of Poison study to someone very recently, when I saw it on her RAK wish list I just had to! So if I count it as Christmas pressie then I have sent this one :)

2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - This is another series I want everyone to read because it rocks! I loved the first book and I've loved every book since a little bit more. Rose is so kick ass and I looooove Adrian *Le sigh*

3. Blood bound by Rachel Vincent - I just had to add Rachel Vincent to the list and since I've sneakily sent this to someone (She should hopefully have gotten it by now!) I thought I'd include it. It's a really great read so it was an easy pick when I saw it on her wish list.

4. (The girl of) Fire and thorns by Rae Carson (AKA The girl of fire and thorns) - Another one I've had to include because I've sent it to a friend but it's a surprise so can't mention any names. It's a great fantasy book and I think she'll love it.

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth - I would give this to any YA dystopia fan that by some freak accident hasn't read it because I heart it so much!

6. The Goddess test by Aimee Carter - And this one I would give to a fan of Greek mythology (you see the direction I'm going with this list lol) and for someone that likes fun books :)

7. Click: An online love story by Lisa Becker - For chick lit fans I'd send this one. I read and reviewed it this summer and it's such a fun, light read. It's written as a series of emails between three friends, a format I wasn't sure about before I started but it works really well in this.
8. The maze runner by James Dashner - Is 'Because it's friggin brilliant!!!' reason enough? I think so :)

9. I am number four by Pittacus Lore - It might sit on the YA shelf and seem like it's aimed at young boys but this book is for everyone and I'd happily gift it to people (and I have!) to prove it.

10. Harry Potter and the philosophers stone by J.K. Rowling - Dude, c'mon, it's Harry Potter! - nuff said!

Oh, well I guess that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be after all lol
Of course there are plenty of other books I love and would love to share with people, you can check out my Team awesome shelf on Goodreads to see my favourites if you like. (And you can add me if you want to)

What books would you love to gift?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did your own take on this week! I was going to sit out until I saw your post. Great recommendations - I still need to read The Maze Runner and Divergent!

    My Top Ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Goddess Test I loved that book, I would definitely give that to a few Greek lovers.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-tuesdays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boss is reading Maze Runner right now. I haven't decided if I'll read it yet. Nice list!!

    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...