18 May 2012

Black dawn - Review

Black dawn by Rachel Caine
The Morganville vampires book twelve.
Available now.
www.allisonandbusby.com

What's it about?
In Last Breath, the rain brought a new and dire threat to Morganville and its vampires... their ancient enemies, the draug. Now, the vampires are fighting a losing war, and it will fall to the residents of the Glass House: Michael, Eve, Shane and Claire, to take the fight to an enemy who threatens to destroy the town, forever.

Lovers of Morganville, rejoice: Black Dawn takes the intrigue, romance and nail-biting suspense of the series to its highest level yet!
My review
If you've come to check out this review then chances are you've likely already read at least some of this series - if you haven't, this is a review for book 12 and likely to have spoilers -
So I don’t really need to go in depth in regards to Rachel’s wonderful writing, all the books are well written and the characters have great banter together that’s enjoyable to read. One of the things I like best about the Morganville series is that they are all quick reads... except this one. Racking in at 512 pages this is the longest book in the series and the first one that I found to go on for slightly to long, the last few books have been told from multiple perspectives instead f just Claire’s, which means there is more story to tell. Whilst I don’t mind a book coming from more than one perspective there were a couple I could have done without, and unless what I think has happened to her has happened, I felt Naomi wasn’t needed in this book at all as she bought little to it.
All that being said though, I did actually enjoy the book! These are minor issues; Caine has come up with another great addition to the series and even twelve books in the story is still feeling fresh and unique, a hard feat to pull off in such a long series. I still love all the characters - particularly crazy Myrnin! – And can see them growing and I love watching Claire and Shane’s relationship develop as they become closer and closer, especially after what Shane goes through in this instalment.
It wasn’t my favourite of the series, that would be Last breath I still loved it and say bring on Bitter blood!

My thoughts on the cover
I love all of these covers, some more than others, and so I love this one to! Love the purple and the model used :)

Favourite quotes
'And she had promised, even if it was just their private little secret. She felt that shivery, fragile, butterfly-flutter feeling in her chest again. It was a fierce ball of light, a tangle of joy and terror and excitement and most of all, love.'

'Watch my lips,' she said. 'I love you. And you're not perfect.'
Find the author
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Myspace

2 comments:

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...