30 May 2012

UK vs. THE WORLD! (24)

UK vs. The world is a weekly meme I made up lol.
It's simlair to UK vs. US except the UK covers are battling it out with their foreign counterparts from all over the world, because who doesn't love judging books by their covers!
UK                        vs.                Australia
Halo book two.
 
Mist: Both of these covers are gorgeous, I adore the colours! They're so simiar it's hard to pick a favourite but I think I have to vote UK because of the lightning on the title, I love pictures of lightning.

Ninfa: Although the covers are very similar, I think the UK one is just gorgeous! I love the wings on the girl, the darkness and the evening light effects against each other. The Aussie cover is very similar in concept but the models look a little awkward with each other, as if they're not quite sure why they're there...I don't know, but I don't believe it. So it's a UK win for me.
UK                         vs.                Norway
Until I die by Amy Pum
The revenants book two.
('Til jeg dØr' translates to 'Until I die.' - According to Google translate.)

Mist: Another UK win here, I don't like the way the pattern looks like it's pulling on her dress but it is a gorgeous dress! I love the colours and the dark street. The Norweigian cover is just bland in comparison and the girl just looks stuck onto the picture, the river at the top is pretty though.

Ninfa: UK win ALL THE WAY! It's such a lovely cover, with those swirly wing-like designs. I love the winding street in front of the girl, kinda makes me want to know where she is going and what is waiting for her around the corner. And I love her midnight blue dress. There's a "smokey" quality to the whole cover, as if the girl and the street are sort of an extension of each other, as if it's a dream vision. I really love this cover :)
The Norwegian cover is kinda boring in my opinion, the model looks like a cartoon, but the city in the backdrop is more like a photograph, it feels like a rough put together photo-shop job :( I like the title font, but that's the only saving grace for me.

Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...