15 May 2012

Quickie interview with Paige Harbison

Quickie interview.

What made you want to write a retelling of Rebecca?
I was going through a Hitchcock phase, actually! I was watching the movies and watching old Twilight Zones during a particularly rainy month with a friend, and I just got so caught up in that creepy, spooky, moody mood. I thought of Rebecca, all about one woman’s desire to be as good as another woman, and I was like…a girl is jealous of a girl and it’s fuelled by her interest in a guy? High school! I’d loved the book when I was younger, and the fact that it’s a classic that has been overlooked in this, the era of remakes, seemed like a crime.
Were you ever the 'new girl' at sometime?
-Oh ho ho! Oh yes. I went to two elementary schools, two middle schools, and three high schools. Oh, and three colleges. Yes, I was the new girl many times. I never minded. I like change, I love reinvention, and I loved standing out. But it is scary. You’re alone completely, and you’re at the mercy of whoever takes you under their wing.
What's one of your favourite retellings, other than New girl of course!?
-Haha, right of course. Hmm, that’s a tough one. I loved Avalon High when I was younger.
I just love the UK cover of the book! What do you think? Do you think it suits the story of New girl?

          -I like that it looks like a simple, light tale, but how it’s really
       much darker than it appears.

Check out my review for New girl.
Find the author
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Tumblr

1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait to read this book! I was a new girl a few times too =) Awesome interview!

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books
    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment and tell me what you think of this post... I dare you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...